Quantcast

[ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.0 Beta2 available

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.0 Beta2 available

Dear Community,

The Document Foundation is pleased to announce the second Beta release
of our upcoming LibreOffice 4.0, that is feature-complete. The
upcoming 4.0 will be our fifth major release in just over two years,
and comes with a nice set of new features. Please be aware that
LibreOffice 4.0 Beta2 is not ready for production use, you should
continue to use LibreOffice 3.6.4 for that.

For further milestones towards 4.0, please refer to our release plan
timings here:

 http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/4.0#4.0.0_release

The release is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X from our QA
builds download page at

  http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/

Should you find bugs, please report them to the FreeDesktop Bugzilla:

  https://bugs.freedesktop.org

A good way to assess the release candidate quality is to run some
specific manual tests on it, our TCM wiki page has more details:

 http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Regression_Tests#Full_Regression_Test
 
For other ways to get involved with this exciting project - you can
e.g. contribute code:

  http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/

translate LibreOffice to your language:

  http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/LibreOffice_Localization_Guide

or help with funding our operations:

  http://donate.libreoffice.org/

A list of known issues and fixed bugs with 4.0.0 Beta2 is available
from our wiki:

  http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Releases/4.0.0/Beta2

Let us close again with a BIG Thank You! to all of you having
contributed to the LibreOffice project - this release would not have
been possible without your help.

Yours,

The Document Foundation Board of Directors

The Document Foundation, Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice

signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Serg Bormant Serg Bormant
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.0 Beta2 available

Hi,

4.0.0 Beta2 binary (rpm) can not start on Slackware64-14.0.

How  to reproduce:

1) download http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/testing/4.0.0/rpm/x86_64/LibO-Dev_4.0.0.0.beta2_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz

2) untar, remove unnecessary rpms, unpack rpms, make and install package:
# tar xf LibO-Dev_4.0.0.0.beta2_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz
# cd LibO-Dev_4.0.0.0.beta2_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US/RPMS
# rm *-gnome-integration-*rpm *-stdlibs-*rpm
# mv desktop-integration/*-freedesktop-*rpm .
# for FILE in *.rpm ; do rpm2cpio < $FILE | cpio -imdv ; done
# mkdir /tmp/package-lodev
# mv usr opt /tmp/package-lodev
# cd /tmp/package-lodev
# makepkg -l y -c y /tmp/lodev-4.0.0.b2-x86_64-1.txz
# upgradepkg --install-new /tmp/lodev-4.0.0.b2-x86_64-1.txz

3) start /opt/lodev4.0/program/soffice

Observed behavior: message box appears
----
LOdev 4.0 - Fatal Error
----
The application cannot be started.
loading component library failed:
file:///opt/lodev4.0/program/../program/ucpgvfs1.uno.so
----
OK
----
and application doesn't start.

After removing

<component loader="com.sun.star.loader.SharedLibrary"
prefix="ucpgvfs1"
uri="vnd.sun.star.expand:$LO_LIB_DIR/ucpgvfs1.uno.so">
 <implementation name="com.sun.star.comp.GnomeVFSContentProvider">
  <service name="com.sun.star.ucb.GnomeVFSContentProvider"/>
 </implementation>
</component>

from /opt/lodev4.0/program/services/services.rdb and starting
/opt/lodev4.0/program/soffice again message box appears:

----
LOdev 4.0 - Fatal Error
----
The application cannot be started.
unsatisfied query for interface of type com.sun.star.ucb.XContentProvider!
----
OK
----


Expected behavior: application starts.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

--
wbr, sb


2012/12/23 Thorsten Behrens <[hidden email]>

>
> Dear Community,
>
> The Document Foundation is pleased to announce the second Beta release
> of our upcoming LibreOffice 4.0, that is feature-complete. The
> upcoming 4.0 will be our fifth major release in just over two years,
> and comes with a nice set of new features. Please be aware that
> LibreOffice 4.0 Beta2 is not ready for production use, you should
> continue to use LibreOffice 3.6.4 for that.
>
> For further milestones towards 4.0, please refer to our release plan
> timings here:
>
>  http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/4.0#4.0.0_release
>
> The release is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X from our QA
> builds download page at
>
>   http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/
>
> Should you find bugs, please report them to the FreeDesktop Bugzilla:
>
>   https://bugs.freedesktop.org
>
> A good way to assess the release candidate quality is to run some
> specific manual tests on it, our TCM wiki page has more details:
>
>  http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Regression_Tests#Full_Regression_Test
>
> For other ways to get involved with this exciting project - you can
> e.g. contribute code:
>
>   http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/
>
> translate LibreOffice to your language:
>
>   http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/LibreOffice_Localization_Guide
>
> or help with funding our operations:
>
>   http://donate.libreoffice.org/
>
> A list of known issues and fixed bugs with 4.0.0 Beta2 is available
> from our wiki:
>
>   http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Releases/4.0.0/Beta2
>
> Let us close again with a BIG Thank You! to all of you having
> contributed to the LibreOffice project - this release would not have
> been possible without your help.
>
> Yours,
>
> The Document Foundation Board of Directors
>
> The Document Foundation, Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
> Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
> Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
> Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be delete
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
julien2412 julien2412
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.0 Beta2 available

Hi,

A tracker about this has been created here:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=58052

Julien
Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.0 Beta2 available

In reply to this post by Thorsten Behrens
Hello,

is there an Android app to control Impress, now that the Remote
Control function is enabled in Impress GUI? Where can I find it to
test LO? (The pop-up window for Remote does not have a Help button,
nor do I remember any hints from Help as I translated all the strings
already and there were no links; also I cannot close that dialog on
OSX 10.7.5, so I need to file a bug for that).

Thanks, m.

2012/12/22 Thorsten Behrens <[hidden email]>:

> Dear Community,
>
> The Document Foundation is pleased to announce the second Beta release
> of our upcoming LibreOffice 4.0, that is feature-complete. The
> upcoming 4.0 will be our fifth major release in just over two years,
> and comes with a nice set of new features. Please be aware that
> LibreOffice 4.0 Beta2 is not ready for production use, you should
> continue to use LibreOffice 3.6.4 for that.
>
> For further milestones towards 4.0, please refer to our release plan
> timings here:
>
>  http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/4.0#4.0.0_release
>
> The release is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X from our QA
> builds download page at
>
>   http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/
>
> Should you find bugs, please report them to the FreeDesktop Bugzilla:
>
>   https://bugs.freedesktop.org
>
> A good way to assess the release candidate quality is to run some
> specific manual tests on it, our TCM wiki page has more details:
>
>  http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Regression_Tests#Full_Regression_Test
>
> For other ways to get involved with this exciting project - you can
> e.g. contribute code:
>
>   http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/
>
> translate LibreOffice to your language:
>
>   http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/LibreOffice_Localization_Guide
>
> or help with funding our operations:
>
>   http://donate.libreoffice.org/
>
> A list of known issues and fixed bugs with 4.0.0 Beta2 is available
> from our wiki:
>
>   http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Releases/4.0.0/Beta2
>
> Let us close again with a BIG Thank You! to all of you having
> contributed to the LibreOffice project - this release would not have
> been possible without your help.
>
> Yours,
>
> The Document Foundation Board of Directors
>
> The Document Foundation, Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
> Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
> Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
> Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
>
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Bjoern Michaelsen Bjoern Michaelsen
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.0 Beta2 available

In reply to this post by Thorsten Behrens
On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 11:02:05PM +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> The release is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X from our QA
> builds download page at
>
>   http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/

And beta packages for Ubuntu raring can also be found at (in fact for a few days already):

https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/libreoffice-prereleases/+packages

Best,

Bjoern
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
sberg sberg
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.0 Beta2 available

In reply to this post by Serg Bormant
On 12/23/2012 01:46 PM, Serg Bormant wrote:

> After removing
>
> <component loader="com.sun.star.loader.SharedLibrary"
> prefix="ucpgvfs1"
> uri="vnd.sun.star.expand:$LO_LIB_DIR/ucpgvfs1.uno.so">
>   <implementation name="com.sun.star.comp.GnomeVFSContentProvider">
>    <service name="com.sun.star.ucb.GnomeVFSContentProvider"/>
>   </implementation>
> </component>
>
> from /opt/lodev4.0/program/services/services.rdb and starting
> /opt/lodev4.0/program/soffice again message box appears:
>
> ----
> LOdev 4.0 - Fatal Error
> ----
> The application cannot be started.
> unsatisfied query for interface of type com.sun.star.ucb.XContentProvider!
> ----
> OK
> ----
>
>
> Expected behavior: application starts.

FYI, mention of GnomeVFSContentProvider would also need to be removed
from the
/org.openoffice.ucb.Configuration/ContentProviders/Local/SecondaryKeys/Office/ProviderData
configuration list in the LO installation's share/registry/main.xcd.

Stephan
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Serg Bormant Serg Bormant
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.0 Beta2 available

Hi Stephan,

thanks for your answer
> FYI, mention of GnomeVFSContentProvider would also need to be removed from
> the
> /org.openoffice.ucb.Configuration/ContentProviders/Local/SecondaryKeys/Office/ProviderData
> configuration list in the LO installation's share/registry/main.xcd.

but as I can see, main.xcd contains zero mentions of GnomeVFSContentProvider:
$ grep -ci GnomeVFSContentProvider share/registry/main.xcd
0

It still contains these mentions of ContentProvider:
$ sed "s,><,>\n<,g" share/registry/main.xcd | grep -in ContentProvider
7073:<group oor:name="ContentProviderData">
7078:<group oor:name="ContentProvidersDataSecondaryKeys">
7079:<set oor:name="ProviderData" oor:node-type="ContentProviderData"/>
7081:<group oor:name="ContentProvidersDataPrimaryKeys">
7082:<set oor:name="SecondaryKeys"
oor:node-type="ContentProvidersDataSecondaryKeys"/>
7086:<set oor:name="ContentProviders"
oor:node-type="ContentProvidersDataPrimaryKeys"/>
59593:<node oor:name="ContentProviders">
59600:<value>com.sun.star.ucb.HierarchyContentProvider</value>
59611:<value>com.sun.star.ucb.FileContentProvider</value>
59633:<value>com.sun.star.ucb.FTPContentProvider</value>
59644:<value>com.sun.star.ucb.PackageContentProvider</value>
59655:<value>com.sun.star.ucb.ExpandContentProvider</value>
59666:<value>com.sun.star.ucb.TransientDocumentsContentProvider</value>
59677:<value>com.sun.star.ucb.PackageContentProvider</value>
59688:<value>com.sun.star.ucb.ExtensionContentProvider</value>
59699:<value>com.sun.star.ucb.CmisContentProvider</value>
62401:<node oor:name="ContentProviders">
62408:<value>com.sun.star.ucb.WebDAVContentProvider</value>
62419:<value>com.sun.star.ucb.WebDAVContentProvider</value>
62430:<value>com.sun.star.ucb.WebDAVContentProvider</value>
62441:<value>com.sun.star.ucb.WebDAVContentProvider</value>
62452:<value>com.sun.star.ucb.WebDAVContentProvider</value>

Message box still here:
----
LOdev 4.0 - Fatal Error
----
The application cannot be started.
unsatisfied query for interface of type com.sun.star.ucb.XContentProvider!
----
OK
----

Any more suggestions?

--
wbr, sb


2013/1/8 Stephan Bergmann <[hidden email]>:

> On 12/23/2012 01:46 PM, Serg Bormant wrote:
>>
>> After removing
>>
>> <component loader="com.sun.star.loader.SharedLibrary"
>> prefix="ucpgvfs1"
>> uri="vnd.sun.star.expand:$LO_LIB_DIR/ucpgvfs1.uno.so">
>>   <implementation name="com.sun.star.comp.GnomeVFSContentProvider">
>>    <service name="com.sun.star.ucb.GnomeVFSContentProvider"/>
>>   </implementation>
>> </component>
>>
>> from /opt/lodev4.0/program/services/services.rdb and starting
>> /opt/lodev4.0/program/soffice again message box appears:
>>
>> ----
>> LOdev 4.0 - Fatal Error
>> ----
>> The application cannot be started.
>> unsatisfied query for interface of type com.sun.star.ucb.XContentProvider!
>> ----
>> OK
>> ----
>>
>>
>> Expected behavior: application starts.
>
>
> FYI, mention of GnomeVFSContentProvider would also need to be removed from
> the
> /org.openoffice.ucb.Configuration/ContentProviders/Local/SecondaryKeys/Office/ProviderData
> configuration list in the LO installation's share/registry/main.xcd.
>
> Stephan
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
sberg sberg
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.0 Beta2 available

On 01/13/2013 09:36 AM, Serg Bormant wrote:
> but as I can see, main.xcd contains zero mentions of GnomeVFSContentProvider:
> $ grep -ci GnomeVFSContentProvider share/registry/main.xcd
> 0
[...]
> Message box still here:
> ----
> LOdev 4.0 - Fatal Error
> ----
> The application cannot be started.
> unsatisfied query for interface of type com.sun.star.ucb.XContentProvider!

Oh, sorry, the GnomeVFSContentProvider is not added to the UCB via the
normal configuration mechanism, but via explicit code in configureUcb
(desktop/source/app/appinit.cxx).

That means you cannot easily fake an --enable-gnome-vfs build into a
--disable-gnome-vfs one by just tweaking some configuration files.

Stephan
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Michael Meeks-2 Michael Meeks-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.0 Beta2 available


On Mon, 2013-01-14 at 09:05 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> Oh, sorry, the GnomeVFSContentProvider is not added to the UCB via the
> normal configuration mechanism, but via explicit code in configureUcb
> (desktop/source/app/appinit.cxx).
>
> That means you cannot easily fake an --enable-gnome-vfs build into a
> --disable-gnome-vfs one by just tweaking some configuration files.

        Heh - on the other hand we should prolly catch & discard all exceptions
from the horrible hack that is desktop/source/app/appinit.cxx - which is
IIRC a startup / performance disaster we'd be well rid of as well :-)

        ATB,

                Michael.

--
[hidden email]  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Loading...