Quantcast

Deletion request for attachments

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
klaus-jürgen weghorn ol klaus-jürgen weghorn ol
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Deletion request for attachments

Hi all,
will there be a possiblity for deletion request for attachments?
I think of three different reasons for a deletion request:
- Spam and illegal content
- Virus
- Sending the wrong file (mostly requested by the owner of the file)

--
Grüße
k-j

--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from klaus-jürgen weghorn ol <[hidden email]> to [hidden email].

Alexander Werner Alexander Werner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Deletion request for attachments

Hi,

Am 22.09.2011 19:14, schrieb klaus-jürgen weghorn ol:
> Hi all,
> will there be a possiblity for deletion request for attachments?
> I think of three different reasons for a deletion request:
> - Spam and illegal content
> - Virus
> - Sending the wrong file (mostly requested by the owner of the file)

Nice idea, I have opened an issue regarding this feature
(https://github.com/awerner/pymime/issues/13)

Cu,
Alex


--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from Alexander Werner <[hidden email]> to [hidden email].

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Deletion request for attachments

Hi Alex, hi all!

Am Donnerstag, den 22.09.2011, 23:03 +0200 schrieb Alexander Werner:

> Hi,
>
> Am 22.09.2011 19:14, schrieb klaus-jürgen weghorn ol:
> > Hi all,
> > will there be a possiblity for deletion request for attachments?
> > I think of three different reasons for a deletion request:
> > - Spam and illegal content
> > - Virus
> > - Sending the wrong file (mostly requested by the owner of the file)
>
> Nice idea, I have opened an issue regarding this feature
> (https://github.com/awerner/pymime/issues/13)

Thanks for bringing this up. It is already part of the proposal,
although a bit hidden (maybe). The wiki page says:

---
What if people send illegal content to the mailing lists?

Examples:
...
If a number (e.g. 5) community members report this file as problematic,
then the content will get unpublished automatically
...

---

The given "Report Problems" button is shown here
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/a/a4/2011-03-05_Attachments_for_Mailing_Lists_-_Receiving_Mails.png

In my opinion, the "Report Problem" might either directly report spam
(then it should get another name), or lead to another more detailed menu
covering detailed feedback options.

Cheers,
Christoph


--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from Christoph Noack <[hidden email]> to [hidden email].

nabbler nabbler
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Deletion request for attachments

In reply to this post by klaus-jürgen weghorn ol
On 22/09/2011, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> will there be a possiblity for deletion request for attachments?
> I think of three different reasons for a deletion request:
> - Spam and illegal content
> - Virus
> - Sending the wrong file (mostly requested by the owner of the file)
>

To save resources, wouldn't it be better for all attachments to be
deleted automatically after a period of time. Attachments seem useful
long-term for bug reports, not users' mailing list.

--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from e-letter <[hidden email]> to [hidden email].

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol klaus-jürgen weghorn ol
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Deletion request for attachments

Hi,
Am 23.09.2011 12:06, schrieb e-letter:

> On 22/09/2011, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> will there be a possiblity for deletion request for attachments?
>> I think of three different reasons for a deletion request:
>> - Spam and illegal content
>> - Virus
>> - Sending the wrong file (mostly requested by the owner of the file)
>>
>
> To save resources, wouldn't it be better for all attachments to be
> deleted automatically after a period of time. Attachments seem useful
> long-term for bug reports, not users' mailing list.

Please have a look at the FAQ [1], especially third point. And if you
have a look at an example [2], sent by me on 20110922, it is registrated
that the attachment is available until 20110929 (here for testing 7 days).

[1]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/LibreOffice_Mail_Attachment_Service#Frequently_Asked_Questions

[2]
http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/attachments/mail/101defae-ab4a-47e3-bf77-875f5edc4bae/

--
Grüße
k-j

--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from klaus-jürgen weghorn ol <[hidden email]> to [hidden email].

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Deletion request for attachments

In reply to this post by nabbler
Hi e-letter (???),

Already implemented. Please have a look at the whiteboard page to see whats planned.

Cheers,
Christoph
--
Sent via mobile...



e-letter <[hidden email]> schrieb:

On 22/09/2011, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> will there be a possiblity for deletion request for attachments?
> I think of three different reasons for a deletion request:
> - Spam and illegal content
> - Virus
> - Sending the wrong file (mostly requested by the owner of the file)
>

To save resources, wouldn't it be better for all attachments to be
deleted automatically after a period of time. Attachments seem useful
long-term for bug reports, not users' mailing list.

--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from e-letter <[hidden email]> to [hidden email].


--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from Christoph Noack <[hidden email]> to [hidden email].

nabbler nabbler
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Deletion request for attachments

On 23/09/2011, Christoph Noack <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi e-letter (???),
>
> Already implemented. Please have a look at the whiteboard page to see whats
> planned.
>

Don't know what a whiteboard is, but read the hyperlinks referred to
by someone else.

--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from e-letter <[hidden email]> to [hidden email].

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Deletion request for attachments

Hi again!

Am Samstag, den 24.09.2011, 09:28 +0100 schrieb e-letter:
> On 23/09/2011, Christoph Noack <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi e-letter (???),
> >
> > Already implemented. Please have a look at the whiteboard page to see whats
> > planned.
> >
>
> Don't know what a whiteboard is, but read the hyperlinks referred to
> by someone else.

Looking back ... sorry for the short response in my last mail, I also
missed Klaus-Jürgens earlier mail (sometimes its not a good idea to
reply via mobile).

So, yes, the hyperlinks by Klaus-Jürgen referred to the idea
(Whiteboard) page - there you'll find some more ideas and thoughts. If
you miss something, there is also a section for feedback when testing.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Christoph

> --
> This mail was parsed by pymime,
> and was sent from e-letter <[hidden email]> to [hidden email].



--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from Christoph Noack <[hidden email]> to [hidden email].

Alexander Werner Alexander Werner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Deletion request for attachments

In reply to this post by Christoph Noack
Hi,

Am 22.09.2011 23:52, schrieb Christoph Noack:

> Thanks for bringing this up. It is already part of the proposal,
> although a bit hidden (maybe). The wiki page says:
>
> ---
> What if people send illegal content to the mailing lists?
>
> Examples:
> ...
> If a number (e.g. 5) community members report this file as problematic,
> then the content will get unpublished automatically
> ...
>
> ---
>
> The given "Report Problems" button is shown here
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/a/a4/2011-03-05_Attachments_for_Mailing_Lists_-_Receiving_Mails.png
>
> In my opinion, the "Report Problem" might either directly report spam
> (then it should get another name), or lead to another more detailed menu
> covering detailed feedback options.

I have seen the "Report Problem" button more as a way to generally
contact the Mods so far, leading to a contact form.

Flagging content will be also possible, but automatic unpublishing of
files requires a lot of work (logging IP, cookie, captcha) to prevent
abuse. OTOH, there are files that (any)one should be able to unpublish
instantly, so I'll think of a lightweight solution.

Cu,
Alex

--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from Alexander Werner <[hidden email]> to [hidden email].

Friedrich Strohmaier Friedrich Strohmaier
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Deletion request for attachments

Hi Alexander, *,


Am 26.09.2011 10:49 schrieb Alexander Werner:
> Am 22.09.2011 23:52, schrieb Christoph Noack:

[..]

>> If a number (e.g. 5) community members report this file as problematic,
>> then the content will get unpublished automatically

[..]

>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/a/a4/2011-03-05_Attachments_for_Mailing_Lists_-_Receiving_Mails.png

>> In my opinion, the "Report Problem" might either directly report spam
>> (then it should get another name), or lead to another more detailed menu
>> covering detailed feedback options.

> I have seen the "Report Problem" button more as a way to generally
> contact the Mods so far, leading to a contact form.

Which would make sense from my point of view..

> Flagging content will be also possible, but automatic unpublishing of
> files requires a lot of work (logging IP, cookie, captcha) to prevent
> abuse. OTOH, there are files that (any)one should be able to unpublish
> instantly, so I'll think of a lightweight solution.

As long, as there are few requests only (which I'd assume) deleting
manually should be sufficient.

An automatic solution would also require more learning efforts by the
requester to understand how to do. This in consequence generates more
admin action to answer questions.


Friedrich

--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from Friedrich Strohmaier <[hidden email]> to [hidden email].

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Deletion request for attachments

Hi Friedrich, hi Alex!

Quick reply ...

Am Dienstag, den 27.09.2011, 00:16 +0200 schrieb Friedrich Strohmaier:

> Hi Alexander, *,
>
>
> Am 26.09.2011 10:49 schrieb Alexander Werner:
> > Am 22.09.2011 23:52, schrieb Christoph Noack:
>
> [..]
>
> >> If a number (e.g. 5) community members report this file as problematic,
> >> then the content will get unpublished automatically
>
> [..]
>
> >> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/a/a4/2011-03-05_Attachments_for_Mailing_Lists_-_Receiving_Mails.png
>
> >> In my opinion, the "Report Problem" might either directly report spam
> >> (then it should get another name), or lead to another more detailed menu
> >> covering detailed feedback options.
>
> > I have seen the "Report Problem" button more as a way to generally
> > contact the Mods so far, leading to a contact form.

Ah, okay. So then it's one of the "no premature refinement before the
idea got some friends" issue ;-) Sure, a contact form or anything could
be a solution.

> Which would make sense from my point of view..

Well, "makes sense" depends on the requirements and constraints. If we
think it would be good to have users to be able to disable questionable
content, then we'll find a solution for that.

For example, if the LibO Attachment Service is used among all mailing
lists, then it might be helpful for the moderators to achieve some
self-regulation (although I'm a mod for the Design list, it usually
takes some hours until I can check the mails to be moderated).


> > Flagging content will be also possible, but automatic unpublishing of
> > files requires a lot of work (logging IP, cookie, captcha) to prevent
> > abuse. OTOH, there are files that (any)one should be able to unpublish
> > instantly, so I'll think of a lightweight solution.
>
> As long, as there are few requests only (which I'd assume) deleting
> manually should be sufficient.
>
> An automatic solution would also require more learning efforts by the
> requester to understand how to do. This in consequence generates more
> admin action to answer questions.

Why? Because we propose a solution that's intended to be bad right from
the start? ;-) I think we can do better - if there is a need to do so.

Cheers,
Christoph


--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from Christoph Noack <[hidden email]> to [hidden email].

Loading...