Does Collabora support IPV6 environments?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Stefan Veith Stefan Veith
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Does Collabora support IPV6 environments?

Hello,

I started testing Collabora V3 (CODE) to integrate online office into my
nextcloud.
Internally with IPV4 it is working using the docker container and the manual
installation with script from here
(https://github.com/husisusi/officeonlin-install.sh).

My Nextcloud is only reachable via IPV6 from the internet because my cable
ISP (Unitymedia) provides internet access via DSLite (Dual Stack Lite with
carrier grade NAT).
The same applies for my domain for which I would like to use for collabora.

Now my question: „Is it possible to use collabora in an IPV6 environment?“

I dit not find any solution to bind loolwsd to an IPV6 address. Loolwsd is
only listening on the IPV4.
Any ideas or hints to solve this are much appreciated.

Thanks, Stefan.  
 



--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Michael Meeks-5 Michael Meeks-5
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Does Collabora support IPV6 environments?

Hi Stefan,

On 07/01/18 20:29, Stefan Veith wrote:
> I started testing Collabora V3 (CODE) to integrate online office into my
> nextcloud.
...
> My Nextcloud is only reachable via IPV6 from the internet because my cable
> ISP (Unitymedia) provides internet access via DSLite (Dual Stack Lite with
> carrier grade NAT)....
> I dit not find any solution to bind loolwsd to an IPV6 address. Loolwsd is
> only listening on the IPV4.

        As it happens, I implemented IPv6 support this this afternoon to keep
my mind alive between tasks ;-) Testing much appreciated, please do pick
the patch from online master; the default should be both IPv4 + IPv6
listening.

        All the best,

                Michael.

--
[hidden email] <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Stefan Veith Stefan Veith
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Does Collabora support IPV6 environments?

Hi Michael,

thanks a lot for your fast implementation.
I will give a try and start testing at the upcoming weekend.

Best regards, Stefan.

Am 09.01.18, 23:11 schrieb "Michael Meeks" unter
<[hidden email]>:

>Hi Stefan,
>
>On 07/01/18 20:29, Stefan Veith wrote:
>> I started testing Collabora V3 (CODE) to integrate online office into my
>> nextcloud.
>...
>> My Nextcloud is only reachable via IPV6 from the internet because my
>>cable
>> ISP (Unitymedia) provides internet access via DSLite (Dual Stack Lite
>>with
>> carrier grade NAT)....
>> I dit not find any solution to bind loolwsd to an IPV6 address. Loolwsd
>>is
>> only listening on the IPV4.
>
> As it happens, I implemented IPv6 support this this afternoon to keep
>my mind alive between tasks ;-) Testing much appreciated, please do pick
>the patch from online master; the default should be both IPv4 + IPv6
>listening.
>
> All the best,
>
> Michael.
>
>--
>[hidden email] <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
>
>--
>To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
>Problems?
>https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
>Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
>All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
>deleted



--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Stefan Veith Stefan Veith
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Does Collabora support IPV6 environments?



Hi Michael,


I tested your implementation today.
For the default setting (all) loolwsd is listening on IPv6 only.Netstat does not show port 9980 listening on IPv4.


Using the IPv4 as config parameter shows port 9980 listening on IPv4.Using the IPv6 as config parameter shows port 9980 listening on IPv6.
Conclusion: IPv4 or IPv6 is working as expected!Dual Stack is not working as expected. -only listening on IPv6


Best wishes, Stefan.Stefan Veith hat am 10. Januar 2018 um 20:04 geschrieben:Hi Michael,thanks a lot for your fast implementation.I will give a try and start testing at the upcoming weekend.Best regards, Stefan.Am 09.01.18, 23:11 schriebMichael Meeksunter:Hi Stefan,On 07/01/18 20:29, Stefan Veith wrote:I started testing Collabora V3 (CODE) to integrate online office into mynextcloud....My Nextcloud is only reachable via IPV6 from the internet because mycableISP (Unitymedia) provides internet access via DSLite (Dual Stack Litewithcarrier grade NAT)....I dit not find any solution to bind loolwsd to an IPV6 address. Loolwsdisonly listening on the IPV4.As it happens, I implemented IPv6 support this this afternoon to keepmy mind alive between tasks ;-) Testing much appreciated, please do pickthe patch from online master; the default should be both IPv4 + IPv6listening.All the best,[hidden email]@collabora.com, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot--To unsubscribe e-mail to:[hidden email]?https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/Posting guidelines + more:https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/NetiquetteList archive:https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot bedeleted--To unsubscribe e-mail to:[hidden email]?https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/Posting guidelines + more:https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/NetiquetteList archive:https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Michael Meeks-5 Michael Meeks-5
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Does Collabora support IPV6 environments?

Hi Stefan,

On 14/01/18 17:44, Stefan Veith wrote:
> For the default setting ("all") loolwsd is listening on IPv6 only.
> Netstat does not show port 9980 listening on IPv4.

        That is interesting; quite probably the OS can't easily show this to
people; do you have other examples of sockets with the socket option on
to listen to both.

> Using the IPv4 as config parameter shows port 9980 listening on IPv4.
> Using the IPv6 as config parameter shows port 9980 listening on IPv6.
>
> Conclusion: IPv4 or IPv6 is working as expected!

        Great.

> Dual Stack is not working as expected. -> only listening on IPv6

        Did you try connecting as IPv4 though ? my testing here suggests that
'all' works fine over an IPv4 network =)

        Thanks for testing,

                Michael.

--
[hidden email] <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Stefan Veith Stefan Veith
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Does Collabora support IPV6 environments?

Hi Michael,

>That is interesting; quite probably the OS can't easily show this to
>people; do you have other examples of sockets with the socket option on
>to listen to both.

You are absolutely right.
I gave it another try to connect to IPv4 address while network setting
were configured to „all“.
And IPv4 address is working to.

So netstat is only listing the port bound to IPv6 and is skipping IPv4
port.
I was sure it will list both ip protocols but it isn’t.
I dubblechecked with netstat listing port 443 for my apache reverse proxy.
Although apache is using IPv4 and IPv6 netstat only shows 443 bound to
IPv6.

Conclusion: Also dual stack is working as expected.

Best wishes, Stefan.



Am 15.01.18, 12:21 schrieb "Michael Meeks" unter
<[hidden email]>:

>Hi Stefan,
>
>On 14/01/18 17:44, Stefan Veith wrote:
>> For the default setting ("all") loolwsd is listening on IPv6 only.
>> Netstat does not show port 9980 listening on IPv4.
>
> That is interesting; quite probably the OS can't easily show this to
>people; do you have other examples of sockets with the socket option on
>to listen to both.
>
>> Using the IPv4 as config parameter shows port 9980 listening on IPv4.
>> Using the IPv6 as config parameter shows port 9980 listening on IPv6.
>>
>> Conclusion: IPv4 or IPv6 is working as expected!
>
> Great.
>
>> Dual Stack is not working as expected. -> only listening on IPv6
>
> Did you try connecting as IPv4 though ? my testing here suggests that
>'all' works fine over an IPv4 network =)
>
> Thanks for testing,
>
> Michael.
>
>--
>[hidden email] <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
>
>--
>To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
>Problems?
>https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
>Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
>All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
>deleted



--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Michael Meeks-5 Michael Meeks-5
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Does Collabora support IPV6 environments?

Hi Stefan,

On 17/01/18 20:58, Stefan Veith wrote:
> Conclusion: Also dual stack is working as expected.

        Thanks for testing =)

                Michael.

--
[hidden email] <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted