Error compiling LibreOffice git (Xinerama not functional?)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Clemens Eisserer Clemens Eisserer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error compiling LibreOffice git (Xinerama not functional?)

Hi,

I am trying to diagnose some performance issues I am experiencing
running LO on Linux.
Compiling on Fedora-27 seems a little bit troublesome, as I:

* had to set libxslt and libexslt includes and libraries manually
* disable xrandr, despite headers and library installed, it aborted
with "not functional"

however, it seems the feature causing the latest issue can not be
simply disabled via a switch:

checking whether and how to use Xinerama... yes, with dynamic linking
checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h usability... yes
checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h presence... yes
checking for X11/extensions/Xinerama.h... yes
checking for XineramaIsActive in -lXinerama... no
configure: error: Xinerama not functional?

Any idea why LibreOffice thinks my Xinerama is not functional?
Can I disable it somehow?

Thank you and best regards, Clemens
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
sberg sberg
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error compiling LibreOffice git (Xinerama not functional?)

On 12.02.2018 12:00, Clemens Eisserer wrote:

> I am trying to diagnose some performance issues I am experiencing
> running LO on Linux.
> Compiling on Fedora-27 seems a little bit troublesome, as I:
>
> * had to set libxslt and libexslt includes and libraries manually
> * disable xrandr, despite headers and library installed, it aborted
> with "not functional"
>
> however, it seems the feature causing the latest issue can not be
> simply disabled via a switch:
>
> checking whether and how to use Xinerama... yes, with dynamic linking
> checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h usability... yes
> checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h presence... yes
> checking for X11/extensions/Xinerama.h... yes
> checking for XineramaIsActive in -lXinerama... no
> configure: error: Xinerama not functional?
>
> Any idea why LibreOffice thinks my Xinerama is not functional?
> Can I disable it somehow?

Did you install the relevant -devel packages, libxslt-devel,
libXrandr-devel, libXinerama-devel?  Generally, `sudo dnf builddep
libreoffice` (as given at
<https://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/source-code/>) should be a good
approximation of installing whatever packages will be needed.
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Clemens Eisserer Clemens Eisserer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error compiling LibreOffice git (Xinerama not functional?)

Hi Stephan,

> Did you install the relevant -devel packages, libxslt-devel,
> libXrandr-devel, libXinerama-devel?  Generally, `sudo dnf builddep
> libreoffice` (as given at

Sure, I manually instalelled the devel packages - however to make
sure, I also executed the dnf builddep command you mentioned.
However, the configure run still fails with the message mentioned
before - the header is there, but configure does not find
XineramaIsActive.

Best regards, Clemens
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
sberg sberg
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error compiling LibreOffice git (Xinerama not functional?)

On 12.02.2018 12:13, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
>> Did you install the relevant -devel packages, libxslt-devel,
>> libXrandr-devel, libXinerama-devel?  Generally, `sudo dnf builddep
>> libreoffice` (as given at
>
> Sure, I manually instalelled the devel packages - however to make
> sure, I also executed the dnf builddep command you mentioned.
> However, the configure run still fails with the message mentioned
> before - the header is there, but configure does not find
> XineramaIsActive.

Then you'd need to look into config.log why it's failing.
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
David Tardon David Tardon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error compiling LibreOffice git (Xinerama not functional?)

In reply to this post by Clemens Eisserer
Hi,

On Mon, 2018-02-12 at 12:13 +0100, Clemens Eisserer wrote:

> Hi Stephan,
>
> > Did you install the relevant -devel packages, libxslt-devel,
> > libXrandr-devel, libXinerama-devel?  Generally, `sudo dnf builddep
> > libreoffice` (as given at
>
> Sure, I manually instalelled the devel packages - however to make
> sure, I also executed the dnf builddep command you mentioned.
> However, the configure run still fails with the message mentioned
> before - the header is there, but configure does not find
> XineramaIsActive.

Look for XineramaIsActive in config.log. That may give you a hint as to
why the test fails. My guess is a compile error, as, judging from what
have you written about your other problems, your system doesn't appear
to be in a good state. (Several of us build on F-27 daily. Just as we
did on F-26, F-25, etc. before. So a problem like yours would be
noticed...)

D.
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Clemens Eisserer Clemens Eisserer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error compiling LibreOffice git (Xinerama not functional?)

Hi again,

> Look for XineramaIsActive in config.log. That may give you a hint as to
> why the test fails. My guess is a compile error, as, judging from what
> have you written about your other problems, your system doesn't appear
> to be in a good state. (Several of us build on F-27 daily. Just as we
> did on F-26, F-25, etc. before. So a problem like yours would be
> noticed...)

Thanks for the pointer - after some digging I think I've found the issue:

/usr/bin/ld: inkompatibles
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/7/../../../libXinerama.so wird bei
der Suche nach -lXinerama ├╝bersprungen
/usr/bin/ld: inkompatibles //lib/libXinerama.so wird bei der Suche
nach -lXinerama ├╝bersprungen
/usr/bin/ld: inkompatibles //usr/lib/libXinerama.so wird bei der Suche
nach -lXinerama ├╝bersprungen
/usr/bin/ld: -lXinerama kann nicht gefunden werden


[ce@localhost temp]$ file
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/7/../../../libXinerama.so
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/7/../../../libXinerama.so: symbolic
link to libXinerama.so.1.0.0
[ce@localhost temp]$ file
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/7/../../../libXinerama.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/7/../../../libXinerama.so.1.0.0: ELF
32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically
linked, BuildID[sha1]=6d3e82c64047b7d1bf51fa61af1ae58d8b53a741,
stripped

[ce@localhost temp]$ rpm -qf
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/7/../../../libXinerama.so
libXinerama-devel-1.1.3-9.fc27.i686

So, the package libXinerama-devel.i686 seems to install into
x86_64-redhat-linux and confuses the whole system.

Hopefully I am able to resolv this.

Thanks & br, Clemens
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice