LibreOffice slogan

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Wolfgang Rohm Wolfgang Rohm
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LibreOffice slogan

Hello,

my suggestions for a LibreOffice slogan are:

1.
LibreOffice suite - Veni, Vidi, Vici

2.
LibreOffice suite - Freedom & Productivity wherever, whenever, whatever

3.
LibreOffice suite - Flawless Productivity, Innovation & Freedom

Best regards
Wolfgang Rohm

P.S.: These slogans could also be translated, whenever deemed useful and/or
necessary.

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
Virenfrei.
www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Mike Saunders Mike Saunders
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice slogan

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for your ideas! You may want to add them to our wiki page here:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Slogan

There are many, many ideas already, but maybe one day we should narrow
them down to a smaller selection (eg with a survey). What do others on
this list think? Does LibreOffice need a slogan?

Cheers,
Mike


On 12/02/2018 17:09, Wolfgang Rohm wrote:

> Hello,
>
> my suggestions for a LibreOffice slogan are:
>
> 1.
> LibreOffice suite - Veni, Vidi, Vici
>
> 2.
> LibreOffice suite - Freedom & Productivity wherever, whenever, whatever
>
> 3.
> LibreOffice suite - Flawless Productivity, Innovation & Freedom
>
> Best regards
> Wolfgang Rohm
>
> P.S.: These slogans could also be translated, whenever deemed useful and/or
> necessary.
>
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
> Virenfrei.
> www.avg.com
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Wolfgang Rohm Wolfgang Rohm
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice slogan

Hi Mike,

thanks for your email.

I have to admit, that I don't know how to upload my suggestions to the
LibreOffice Wiki documentation.

You have raised some questions for the need of a slogan. Let me tell you: I
am of the opinion, that an excellent product deserves an excellent
marketing, especially if there is the target to increase its marketshares.
LibreOffice is an excellent product. I must know it, because I work with it.

A good, inspiring slogan is - of course - only one aspect of marketing. But
it is an important factor to make people and even companies download and
work with it, if you are able to raise emotions, desires and the need for
it.

Besides, there are some key factors, which make LibreOffice unique:

1. LibreOffice is free
2. Thousands and thousands of users are supporting programmers to improve
the suite
3. It is extremely innovative
4. It is running on a number of different OS platforms
5. It is open Source and therefore the people behind LibreOffice are far
more flexible to react to needs than the marketleader
6. It is server-compatible and suitable for companies and business needs
7. It requires less space on the hard drive
8. It is field tested and approved by key users (e.g. City of Munich,
Germany)
9. It has an interface to the email client Firefox
10. It is extremely user-friendly.

As there is the saying "Do good and talk about it.", I have to say
LibreOffice is good, so talk about it. And a slogan is a first wake-up for
potential users.

Best regards
Wolfgang

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
Virenfrei.
www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

2018-02-13 9:29 GMT+01:00 Mike Saunders <
[hidden email]>:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Thanks for your ideas! You may want to add them to our wiki page here:
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Slogan
>
> There are many, many ideas already, but maybe one day we should narrow
> them down to a smaller selection (eg with a survey). What do others on
> this list think? Does LibreOffice need a slogan?
>
> Cheers,
> Mike
>
>
> On 12/02/2018 17:09, Wolfgang Rohm wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > my suggestions for a LibreOffice slogan are:
> >
> > 1.
> > LibreOffice suite - Veni, Vidi, Vici
> >
> > 2.
> > LibreOffice suite - Freedom & Productivity wherever, whenever, whatever
> >
> > 3.
> > LibreOffice suite - Flawless Productivity, Innovation & Freedom
> >
> > Best regards
> > Wolfgang Rohm
> >
> > P.S.: These slogans could also be translated, whenever deemed useful
> and/or
> > necessary.
> >
> > <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&
> utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
> > Virenfrei.
> > www.avg.com
> > <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&
> utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
> > <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
> >
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Heiko Tietze-2 Heiko Tietze-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice slogan

On 13.02.2018 16:07, Wolfgang Rohm wrote:
> I have to admit, that I don't know how to upload my suggestions to the
> LibreOffice Wiki documentation.

/done


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Wolfgang Rohm Wolfgang Rohm
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice slogan

Thanks

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
Virenfrei.
www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

2018-02-13 16:11 GMT+01:00 Heiko Tietze <[hidden email]>:

> On 13.02.2018 16:07, Wolfgang Rohm wrote:
> > I have to admit, that I don't know how to upload my suggestions to the
> > LibreOffice Wiki documentation.
>
> /done
>
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Mike Saunders Mike Saunders
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice slogan

In reply to this post by Wolfgang Rohm
Hi Wolfgang,

On 13/02/2018 16:07, Wolfgang Rohm wrote:
>
> You have raised some questions for the need of a slogan. Let me tell you: I
> am of the opinion, that an excellent product deserves an excellent
> marketing, especially if there is the target to increase its marketshares.
> LibreOffice is an excellent product. I must know it, because I work with it.

Thanks, and yes, we agree -- we should talk more, in as many places as
possible, about LibreOffice! You may have seen the various things the
marketing community is working on in this respect: videos,
presentations, printed materials (eg flyers and stickers), interviews
with local media and so forth. If you think there's anything we're
missing, let us know!

For instance, we have many videos targeted at end-users of LibreOffice,
but I'd like to make one focused on enterprises at some point, talking
about document compatibility, long-term support (from certified
developers), migration protocols, advanced features such as TSCP
classification etc.

By the way, if you happen to be a German speaker (I'm assuming from your
name) and want to get more involved in the community, we're organising
Community-Treffen in Hamburg from 6 - 8 April:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/DE/Community-Treffen2018

I know it's quite far for people living in southern DE (I'm in Munich)
or CH/AT, but it should be a good event.

Cheers,
Mike

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Wolfgang Rohm Wolfgang Rohm
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice slogan

Hi Mike,

thanks for your email and your invitation to the meeting in Hamburg.

My first idea in regard to advertising and spreading the good news is the
following:

LibreOffice has already some millions of users. Some of those users may
have their own websites.

Why not offering those website owners to advertise for LibreOffice on their
websites as another kind of cooperation? The only thing to do, is to place
a link (or a code and a logo of LibreOffice) on a landing page or on the
LibreOffice update page. Every user has to go to that page from time to
time. A second link could be placed in the application itself (for example
as a pop-up)

The advantages are:

1. You make use of LibreOffice-users' websites (free multiplicators)
2. The advertisment is directed only to those, who have a computer-affinity
(more target-group-specific)
3. Backlinks to the LibeOffice-Website improve the Google ranking
4. Low cost solution

What do you think about that idea?

Cheers,
Wolfgang

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
Virenfrei.
www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

2018-02-14 11:42 GMT+01:00 Mike Saunders <
[hidden email]>:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> On 13/02/2018 16:07, Wolfgang Rohm wrote:
> >
> > You have raised some questions for the need of a slogan. Let me tell
> you: I
> > am of the opinion, that an excellent product deserves an excellent
> > marketing, especially if there is the target to increase its
> marketshares.
> > LibreOffice is an excellent product. I must know it, because I work with
> it.
>
> Thanks, and yes, we agree -- we should talk more, in as many places as
> possible, about LibreOffice! You may have seen the various things the
> marketing community is working on in this respect: videos,
> presentations, printed materials (eg flyers and stickers), interviews
> with local media and so forth. If you think there's anything we're
> missing, let us know!
>
> For instance, we have many videos targeted at end-users of LibreOffice,
> but I'd like to make one focused on enterprises at some point, talking
> about document compatibility, long-term support (from certified
> developers), migration protocols, advanced features such as TSCP
> classification etc.
>
> By the way, if you happen to be a German speaker (I'm assuming from your
> name) and want to get more involved in the community, we're organising
> Community-Treffen in Hamburg from 6 - 8 April:
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/DE/Community-Treffen2018
>
> I know it's quite far for people living in southern DE (I'm in Munich)
> or CH/AT, but it should be a good event.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Mike Saunders Mike Saunders
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice slogan

Hi Wolfgang,

On 14/02/2018 15:35, Wolfgang Rohm wrote:
>
> Why not offering those website owners to advertise for LibreOffice on their
> websites as another kind of cooperation? The only thing to do, is to place
> a link (or a code and a logo of LibreOffice) on a landing page or on the
> LibreOffice update page. Every user has to go to that page from time to
> time. A second link could be placed in the application itself (for example
> as a pop-up)

So you mean, create some banners or similar images that LibreOffice
users can put on their websites, and link back to us? I can understand
offering those, and I've seen other open source projects offer the same.

But just to clarify about the update page -- are you suggesting that's
where we offer these banners? For example, "Love LibreOffice? Put this
banner on your site and share the love!" or something like that?

We could use sticker designs as a basis:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Material#Stickers_.28designs_for.29

Of course, if you want to create some draft designs to share with the
community and see how they work, feel free to go ahead and try :-)

Cheers,
Mike

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted