Re: [Libreoffice-commits] core.git: comphelper/source package/qa pyuno/source test/source unotest/source

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Miklos Vajna-4 Miklos Vajna-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Libreoffice-commits] core.git: comphelper/source package/qa pyuno/source test/source unotest/source

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 10:09:01AM +0000, Michael Stahl <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  comphelper/source/misc/threadpool.cxx            |    8 +++++++-
>  package/qa/cppunit/test_package.cxx              |   14 +++++++++++---
>  pyuno/source/module/pyuno_module.cxx             |   21 ++++++++++++++++-----
>  test/source/bootstrapfixture.cxx                 |    7 +++++++
>  test/source/vclbootstrapprotector.cxx            |    3 +++
>  unotest/source/python/org/libreoffice/unotest.py |    3 +++
>  6 files changed, 47 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)
>
> New commits:
> commit 9899ffd244dd367ba69dffe1f21f4f0222064a46
> Author: Michael Stahl <[hidden email]>
> Date:   Sat Mar 11 00:44:21 2017 +0100
>
>     comphelper: fix MSVC hang in ThreadPool::shutdown()
The assert added here:

>  ThreadPool::~ThreadPool()
>  {
> -    shutdown();
> +    // note: calling shutdown from global variable dtor blocks forever on Win7
> +    // note2: there isn't enough MSVCRT left on exit to call assert() properly
> +    // so these asserts just print something to stderr but exit status is
> +    // still 0, but hopefully they will be more helpful on non-WNT platforms
> +    assert(mbTerminate);

Seems to be a bit brave, see e.g.
<https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/8283/Config=linux_clang_dbgutil_64/console>.

I'm not sure what is a good way forward -- change that to a SAL_WARN()
or fix unopkg to shut the thread pool down?

(I had to revert this locally to have my gcc/dbgutil build 'make check'
pass.)

Regards,

Miklos

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice

signature.asc (188 bytes) Download Attachment
Miklos Vajna-4 Miklos Vajna-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Libreoffice-commits] core.git: comphelper/source package/qa pyuno/source test/source unotest/source

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 10:43:30AM +0100, Miklos Vajna <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm not sure what is a good way forward -- change that to a SAL_WARN()
> or fix unopkg to shut the thread pool down?
>
> (I had to revert this locally to have my gcc/dbgutil build 'make check'
> pass.)

I've pushed my revert for now (see commit
3902bb7a45f6266c51e01eddcda4e25b34814957) as suggested by Stephan.
Should also fix the Linux-deb-x86_64_56-lhm-ubuntu-trusty tinderbox.

Regards,

Miklos

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice

signature.asc (188 bytes) Download Attachment
Michael Stahl-2 Michael Stahl-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Libreoffice-commits] core.git: comphelper/source package/qa pyuno/source test/source unotest/source

In reply to this post by Miklos Vajna-4
On 13.03.2017 10:43, Miklos Vajna wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 10:09:01AM +0000, Michael Stahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> commit 9899ffd244dd367ba69dffe1f21f4f0222064a46
>> Author: Michael Stahl <[hidden email]>
>> Date:   Sat Mar 11 00:44:21 2017 +0100
>>
>>     comphelper: fix MSVC hang in ThreadPool::shutdown()
>
> The assert added here:
>
>>  ThreadPool::~ThreadPool()
>>  {
>> -    shutdown();
>> +    // note: calling shutdown from global variable dtor blocks forever on Win7
>> +    // note2: there isn't enough MSVCRT left on exit to call assert() properly
>> +    // so these asserts just print something to stderr but exit status is
>> +    // still 0, but hopefully they will be more helpful on non-WNT platforms
>> +    assert(mbTerminate);
>
> Seems to be a bit brave, see e.g.
> <https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/8283/Config=linux_clang_dbgutil_64/console>.

strange, the jenkins build was working fine.

> I'm not sure what is a good way forward -- change that to a SAL_WARN()
> or fix unopkg to shut the thread pool down?

so i guess the unopkg maintainer needs to add the necessary shutdown
code to fix the clearly broken (on Windows 7) situation.

> (I had to revert this locally to have my gcc/dbgutil build 'make check'
> pass.)

do you have any unusual configure flags?


_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Miklos Vajna-4 Miklos Vajna-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Libreoffice-commits] core.git: comphelper/source package/qa pyuno/source test/source unotest/source

Hi Michael,

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 03:56:53PM +0100, Michael Stahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Seems to be a bit brave, see e.g.
> > <https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/8283/Config=linux_clang_dbgutil_64/console>.
>
> strange, the jenkins build was working fine.

Yes, looks like it's unstable.

> > (I had to revert this locally to have my gcc/dbgutil build 'make check'
> > pass.)
>
> do you have any unusual configure flags?

Not really:

$ cat autogen.input
--enable-dbgutil
--enable-werror

which defaults to gcc-4.8 here. That might be old enough to be different
to your default gcc version.

Regards,

Miklos

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice

signature.asc (188 bytes) Download Attachment