Quantcast

attachments of our logo in different versions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
bedipp bedipp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

attachments of our logo in different versions

I attached different versions of our logo in order to test the service
and provide the files to Nik who has problems with our SVG files in the
wiki...

--
Attachments are available at http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/attachments/mail/ad5c5c08-699d-4c0c-9bc1-9b570139c52a/
--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from Bernhard Dippold <[hidden email]> to [hidden email].
bedipp bedipp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: attachments of our logo in different versions

Bernhard Dippold schrieb:

> I attached different versions of our logo in order to test the service
> and provide the files to Nik who has problems with our SVG files in the
> wiki...
>
> --
> Attachments are available at
> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/attachments/mail/ad5c5c08-699d-4c0c-9bc1-9b570139c52a/
>
> --
> This mail was parsed by pymime,
> and was sent from Bernhard Dippold <[hidden email]> to
> [hidden email].

While the SVG attachments are found in the attachment site,the two EPS
versions have been stripped off.

As they are not too large (about 360 to 380 kB) it must be the file
format that has been rejected.

I'm unsure if we should allow EPS (for design it would be helpful, I think).

What do others mean?

Best regards

Bernhard

--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from Bernhard Dippold <[hidden email]> to test@do
Christian Lohmaier (klammer) Christian Lohmaier (klammer)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: attachments of our logo in different versions

Hi Bernhard, *,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Bernhard Dippold
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Bernhard Dippold schrieb:
>>
>> I attached different versions of our logo in order to test the service
>> and provide the files to Nik who has problems with our SVG files in the
>> wiki...

That's not quite the intended use case :-P

> While the SVG attachments are found in the attachment site,the two EPS
> versions have been stripped off.

Yes, eps just is not in the list of allowed extensions.

> [...]
> I'm unsure if we should allow EPS (for design it would be helpful, I think).

Hmm - I don't thinks so. EPS is not the classical source format, is
it? It's end-result of a rendered export. And it's not the format to
use when you want other people to just have a look.

> What do others mean?

Well - personally I don't think its necessary. For the end-result, for
stuff you want the general public to use/see, the wiki or the website
is more appropriate, the attachment-service is more for the
"in-the-works" kind of stuff.... (and I don't consider eps to be a
usual format for working with it. But if designers actually use eps as
source-format, i.e. create their stuff as eps files, then the list can
be tweaked.

ciao
Christian

--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from Christian Lohmaier <[hidden email]> to
klaus-jürgen weghorn ol klaus-jürgen weghorn ol
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: attachments of our logo in different versions

In reply to this post by bedipp
Am 12.07.2011 23:41, schrieb Bernhard Dippold:

> Bernhard Dippold schrieb:
>> I attached different versions of our logo in order to test the service
>> and provide the files to Nik who has problems with our SVG files in the
>> wiki...
>>
>> --
>> Attachments are available at
>> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/attachments/mail/ad5c5c08-699d-4c0c-9bc1-9b570139c52a/
>>
>>
>> --
>> This mail was parsed by pymime,
>> and was sent from Bernhard Dippold <[hidden email]> to
>> [hidden email].
>
> While the SVG attachments are found in the attachment site,the two EPS
> versions have been stripped off.

The more difficult problem is that there is no notice that the
attachments have been stripped off.

I put this as a question to the wikipage [1]

[1]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/LibreOffice_Mail_Attachment_Service#Feedback

[2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Libo-mas-web.png

>
> As they are not too large (about 360 to 380 kB) it must be the file
> format that has been rejected.
>
> I'm unsure if we should allow EPS (for design it would be helpful, I
> think).

You should ask the design-list if it is really necessarry for our
design-work.
>
> What do others mean?

IMHO not.

--
Grüße
k-j

--
This mail was parsed by pymime,
and was sent from =?ISO-8859-15?Q?klaus-j=FCrgen_weghorn_ol?= <ol@sop
Loading...