[libreoffice-accessibility] Global view on LO accessibility
The more I test LO, the more I wonder if it 9ouldn't be useful to make a
major global effort to:
1. Fix all a11y bugs;
2. Set regression tests and user cases so that it stays accessible.
But it's a vast project. Before all, my question is: could we do, here,
together, a global document, summarying all a11y work to be done, with
references to bugs? Would you accept to write it with me (I think of V
Stuart in particular which knows fine the issue).
The document could have 2 approaches: either per importance (fix,
enhancement, etc), or per level in the a11y stack (screen
reader/technical help for universal access; LibreOffice, component, a11y
bus). The 2nd approach is technically easier to identify which kind of
dev should be done; the 1st make easier approach by a typical user. Both
I'd like your support, because on bugzilla, I see 109 bugs with
Accessibility word. I don't know how to organize, hierarchy them, their
status, etc. Next, I saw some problems are known (magnifying, Impress,
etc), but on OpenOffice bugzilla.
1. Who would like to work with me on this?
2. Is the following approach useful:
- merging OOo bugs and LO bugs to have on a single bugzilla a11y bugs
- confirm (or not) all the bugs
- sort the bugs according to one of the above appoeaches
- writing a consolidated doc
It 9ould enable, I think, to any organization, company, including TDF
itself, to have a thought about some help like crowdfunding, etc.