Quantcast

[sv-discuss] Fwd: [tdf-announce] LibreOffice 4.2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Niklas Johansson Niklas Johansson
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[sv-discuss] Fwd: [tdf-announce] LibreOffice 4.2

Hej

Tidigare idag släpptes LibreOffice 4.2.

Observera att den svenska versionen inte är helt översatt.
Förhoppningsvis kommer den att vara det när LibreOffice 4.2.1 släpps om
ungefär en månad. Tänk även på att tidiga versioner kan innehålla
buggar, så använder du LibreOffice i skolan/på arbetet så bör du
överväga att använda LibreOffice 4.1-serien tills 4.2-serien nått
version 4.2.4 eller senare.

En nyhet som inte nämns i pressmeddelandet nedan är en uppdaterad
stavningskontroll, tack igen Göran för ditt arbete.

/Niklas
-------- Ursprungligt meddelande --------
Ämne: [tdf-announce] LibreOffice 4.2
Datum: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 13:05:04 +0100
Från: Italo Vignoli <[hidden email]>
Svar till: [hidden email]
Organisation: The Document Foundation
Till: [hidden email]



LibreOffice 4.2: focusing on performance and interoperability,
and improving the integration with Microsoft Windows

Berlin, January 30, 2014 - The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice
4.2, a new major release targeted to early adopters and another
significant step forward for the best free office suite ever.
LibreOffice 4.2 features a large number of performance and
interoperability improvements targeted to users of all kinds, but
particularly appealing for power and enterprise users. In addition, it
is better integrated with Microsoft Windows.

Calc has gone through the largest code refactoring ever, giving major
performance wins for big data (especially when calculating cell values,
and importing large and complex XLSX spreadsheets), while an optional
new formula interpreter enables massively parallel calculation of
formula cells using the GPU via OpenCL. The latter works best with a
Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) such as the new AMD Kaveri APU.
Round-trip interoperability with Microsoft OOXML, particularly for DOCX,
as well as legacy RTF, has also improved considerably. Also, new import
filters for Abiword documents and Apple Keynote presentations have been
added.

LibreOffice 4.2 offers two Windows specific improvements for business
users: a simplified custom install dialog to avoid potential mistakes,
and the ability to centrally manage and lock-down the configuration with
Group Policy Objects via Active Directory. All users benefit from better
integration with Windows 7 and 8, with thumbnails of open documents now
grouped by application and a list of recent documents, both showing on
the task bar.

Power users on all platforms will like the flexibility of the Expert
Configuration window, which has been added to the Advanced Options tab.
This feature can be easily turned off, for large deployments and basic
users.

LibreOffice 4.2 offers a new Start screen, with a cleaner layout that
makes better use of the available space - even on small screens - and
shows a preview of the last documents.

On the mobile side, LibreOffice now supports an Impress Remote Control
for iOS - in addition to the already available Impress Remote Control
for Android - which allows visual management of presentation delivery on
the laptop using the screen of an iPhone or iPad. The app is currently
waiting for review from Apple, and will be announced as soon as it is
available on iTunes Store.

LibreOffice 4.2 is the first open source suite to ship a new Windows
(IAccessible2 based) accessibility feature developed by IBM. This is
considered experimental for this release, but will replace legacy Java
based accessibility in the next major release.

The LibreOffice User Interface continues to undergo significant cleanup
with 70% of our dialogs now refreshed and many distributed UI tweaks.
This release also includes a beautiful new "flat" icon theme - Sifr -
and an updated set of default document styles.

All new and improved features of LibreOffice 4.2, including those not
listed here, are summarized in this webpage:
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/4-2-new-features-and-fixes/.

Meet the community

In early February, the LibreOffice community will gather at FOSDEM 2014
in Brussels, where developers will present at the Open Document Editors
DevRoom the latest and greatest technologies integrated by LibreOffice,
and other volunteers will meet free software advocates at the
LibreOffice booth.

In early March, The Document Foundation will exhibit at CeBIT in
Hannover to showcase LibreOffice 4.2: Hall 6, Booth H14.

Downloading LibreOffice

LibreOffice 4.2 is immediately available for download from the following
link: http://www.libreoffice.org/download/. Extensions for LibreOffice
are available from the following link:
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center.

Support The Document Foundation

LibreOffice users, free software advocates and community members can
support The Document Foundation with a donation at
http://donate.libreoffice.org. Money collected will be used to grow the
infrastructure, and support marketing activities to increase the
awareness of the project, both at global and local level.

Thanks to the efforts of several native language projects and
volunteers, this press release is also available in Arabic, Czech,
Dutch, French, Galician, German, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian
Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish and Turkish from this page:
http://blog.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice-4-2/. We will add other
languages in the future.

Short link to The Document Foundation blog: http://wp.me/p1byPE-sG.

--
Italo Vignoli - Director
[hidden email]
mob +39.348.5653829 - sip [hidden email]
The Document Foundation
Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, Germany
Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal Details: www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/announce/




--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/sv/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Johnny Rosenberg Johnny Rosenberg
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [sv-discuss] Fwd: [tdf-announce] LibreOffice 4.2

2014-01-30 Niklas Johansson <[hidden email]>

> Hej
>
> Tidigare idag släpptes LibreOffice 4.2.
>
> Observera att den svenska versionen inte är helt översatt. Förhoppningsvis
> kommer den att vara det när LibreOffice 4.2.1 släpps om ungefär en månad.
> Tänk även på att tidiga versioner kan innehålla buggar, så använder du
> LibreOffice i skolan/på arbetet så bör du överväga att använda LibreOffice
> 4.1-serien tills 4.2-serien nått version 4.2.4 eller senare.
>

Jag vill inte vara gnällig, men du får det att låta som att sena versioner
(där tredje siffran är hög, exempelvis 4.2.7) är buggfria. Det finns inget
program i världen av samma storleksordning som är ens i närheten av att
vara buggfria, oavsett versionsnummer. Riktigt små program kanske, stora
kontorsprogram icke. Ser fram emot att bli motbevisad, dock.

Jag har själv försökt använda LibreOffice i några år med höga
versionsnummer (åter igen tredje siffran hög) och det ledde bara till att
en av mina viktigaste filer förstördes. Lyckligtvis kunde jag reparera
filen med Apache OpenOffice. Inte för att jag vill göra reklam; Apache
OpenOffice är också fullt av buggar, men så var det i alla fall just den
gången.

Var en gång i tiden ambitiös och anmälde de buggar jag råkade på, detta var
på OpenOffice.org 1.x-tiden och en bit in på 2.x, men i och med LibreOffice
blev det så många buggar att jag inte visste var jag skulle börja, så jag
orkade helt enkelt inte. Det kanske säger mer om mig än om LibreOffice
dock, vad vet jag?

Hur som helst, buggfritt? Det tror jag när jag ser det. Om ens då…

Men jag förstår poängen. Ju högre versionsnummer (som sagt, tredje
siffran), desto stabilare. Det köper jag.


Många använder ju bara en liten delmängd av stora program som detta, så det
är ju möjligt att många användare aldrig råkar ut för några buggar, även om
de finns tusentals, men det är ju en annan sak. Jag tycks göra de saker man
inte testat, verkar det som…



Johnny Rosenberg


>
> En nyhet som inte nämns i pressmeddelandet nedan är en uppdaterad
> stavningskontroll, tack igen Göran för ditt arbete.
>
> /Niklas
> -------- Ursprungligt meddelande --------
> Ämne:   [tdf-announce] LibreOffice 4.2
> Datum:  Thu, 30 Jan 2014 13:05:04 +0100
> Från:   Italo Vignoli <[hidden email]>
> Svar till:      [hidden email]
> Organisation:   The Document Foundation
> Till:   [hidden email]
>
>
>
>
> LibreOffice 4.2: focusing on performance and interoperability,
> and improving the integration with Microsoft Windows
>
> Berlin, January 30, 2014 - The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice
> 4.2, a new major release targeted to early adopters and another
> significant step forward for the best free office suite ever.
> LibreOffice 4.2 features a large number of performance and
> interoperability improvements targeted to users of all kinds, but
> particularly appealing for power and enterprise users. In addition, it
> is better integrated with Microsoft Windows.
>
> Calc has gone through the largest code refactoring ever, giving major
> performance wins for big data (especially when calculating cell values,
> and importing large and complex XLSX spreadsheets), while an optional
> new formula interpreter enables massively parallel calculation of
> formula cells using the GPU via OpenCL. The latter works best with a
> Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) such as the new AMD Kaveri APU.
> Round-trip interoperability with Microsoft OOXML, particularly for DOCX,
> as well as legacy RTF, has also improved considerably. Also, new import
> filters for Abiword documents and Apple Keynote presentations have been
> added.
>
> LibreOffice 4.2 offers two Windows specific improvements for business
> users: a simplified custom install dialog to avoid potential mistakes,
> and the ability to centrally manage and lock-down the configuration with
> Group Policy Objects via Active Directory. All users benefit from better
> integration with Windows 7 and 8, with thumbnails of open documents now
> grouped by application and a list of recent documents, both showing on
> the task bar.
>
> Power users on all platforms will like the flexibility of the Expert
> Configuration window, which has been added to the Advanced Options tab.
> This feature can be easily turned off, for large deployments and basic
> users.
>
> LibreOffice 4.2 offers a new Start screen, with a cleaner layout that
> makes better use of the available space - even on small screens - and
> shows a preview of the last documents.
>
> On the mobile side, LibreOffice now supports an Impress Remote Control
> for iOS - in addition to the already available Impress Remote Control
> for Android - which allows visual management of presentation delivery on
> the laptop using the screen of an iPhone or iPad. The app is currently
> waiting for review from Apple, and will be announced as soon as it is
> available on iTunes Store.
>
> LibreOffice 4.2 is the first open source suite to ship a new Windows
> (IAccessible2 based) accessibility feature developed by IBM. This is
> considered experimental for this release, but will replace legacy Java
> based accessibility in the next major release.
>
> The LibreOffice User Interface continues to undergo significant cleanup
> with 70% of our dialogs now refreshed and many distributed UI tweaks.
> This release also includes a beautiful new "flat" icon theme - Sifr -
> and an updated set of default document styles.
>
> All new and improved features of LibreOffice 4.2, including those not
> listed here, are summarized in this webpage:
> https://www.libreoffice.org/download/4-2-new-features-and-fixes/.
>
> Meet the community
>
> In early February, the LibreOffice community will gather at FOSDEM 2014
> in Brussels, where developers will present at the Open Document Editors
> DevRoom the latest and greatest technologies integrated by LibreOffice,
> and other volunteers will meet free software advocates at the
> LibreOffice booth.
>
> In early March, The Document Foundation will exhibit at CeBIT in
> Hannover to showcase LibreOffice 4.2: Hall 6, Booth H14.
>
> Downloading LibreOffice
>
> LibreOffice 4.2 is immediately available for download from the following
> link: http://www.libreoffice.org/download/. Extensions for LibreOffice
> are available from the following link:
> http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center.
>   Support The Document Foundation
>
> LibreOffice users, free software advocates and community members can
> support The Document Foundation with a donation at
> http://donate.libreoffice.org. Money collected will be used to grow the
> infrastructure, and support marketing activities to increase the
> awareness of the project, both at global and local level.
>
> Thanks to the efforts of several native language projects and
> volunteers, this press release is also available in Arabic, Czech,
> Dutch, French, Galician, German, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian
> Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish and Turkish from this page:
> http://blog.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice-4-2/. We will add other
> languages in the future.
>
> Short link to The Document Foundation blog: http://wp.me/p1byPE-sG.
>
> --
> Italo Vignoli - Director
> [hidden email]
> mob +39.348.5653829 - sip [hidden email]
> The Document Foundation
> Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, Germany
> Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
> Legal Details: www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/announce/
>
>
>
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
>
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/sv/discuss/
>
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>
>

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/sv/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Niklas Johansson Niklas Johansson
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [sv-discuss] Fwd: [tdf-announce] LibreOffice 4.2

Hej Johnny

Jag ber om ursäkt om mitt meddelande inte var tydligt nog, jag hade
ingen som helst intention att försöka påstå att senare versioner är
buggfria. Precis som du skriver är kontorsprogram komplexa program och
även jag skulle vilja se den dagen då dessa är helt buggfria.

När jag skickade ut meddelandet så ville jag göra folk uppmärksamma på
att den nya versionen inte är komplett översatt och även påminna om att
versionerna i 4.1 serien är mer beprövade och anses vara stabilare och
därmed innehåller färre fel.

Med vänlig hälsning
Niklas Johansson

Johnny Rosenberg skrev 2014-01-30 20:25:

> 2014-01-30 Niklas Johansson <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hej
>
>     Tidigare idag släpptes LibreOffice 4.2.
>
>     Observera att den svenska versionen inte är helt översatt.
>     Förhoppningsvis kommer den att vara det när LibreOffice 4.2.1
>     släpps om ungefär en månad. Tänk även på att tidiga versioner kan
>     innehålla buggar, så använder du LibreOffice i skolan/på arbetet
>     så bör du överväga att använda LibreOffice 4.1-serien tills
>     4.2-serien nått version 4.2.4 eller senare.
>
>
> Jag vill inte vara gnällig, men du får det att låta som att sena
> versioner (där tredje siffran är hög, exempelvis 4.2.7) är buggfria.
> Det finns inget program i världen av samma storleksordning som är ens
> i närheten av att vara buggfria, oavsett versionsnummer. Riktigt små
> program kanske, stora kontorsprogram icke. Ser fram emot att bli
> motbevisad, dock.
>
> Jag har själv försökt använda LibreOffice i några år med höga
> versionsnummer (åter igen tredje siffran hög) och det ledde bara till
> att en av mina viktigaste filer förstördes. Lyckligtvis kunde jag
> reparera filen med Apache OpenOffice. Inte för att jag vill göra
> reklam; Apache OpenOffice är också fullt av buggar, men så var det i
> alla fall just den gången.
>
> Var en gång i tiden ambitiös och anmälde de buggar jag råkade på,
> detta var på OpenOffice.org 1.x-tiden och en bit in på 2.x, men i och
> med LibreOffice blev det så många buggar att jag inte visste var jag
> skulle börja, så jag orkade helt enkelt inte. Det kanske säger mer om
> mig än om LibreOffice dock, vad vet jag?
>
> Hur som helst, buggfritt? Det tror jag när jag ser det. Om ens då…
>
> Men jag förstår poängen. Ju högre versionsnummer (som sagt, tredje
> siffran), desto stabilare. Det köper jag.
>
>
> Många använder ju bara en liten delmängd av stora program som detta,
> så det är ju möjligt att många användare aldrig råkar ut för några
> buggar, även om de finns tusentals, men det är ju en annan sak. Jag
> tycks göra de saker man inte testat, verkar det som…
>
>
>
> Johnny Rosenberg
>
>
>     En nyhet som inte nämns i pressmeddelandet nedan är en uppdaterad
>     stavningskontroll, tack igen Göran för ditt arbete.
>
>     /Niklas
>     -------- Ursprungligt meddelande --------
>     Ämne:   [tdf-announce] LibreOffice 4.2
>     Datum:  Thu, 30 Jan 2014 13:05:04 +0100
>     Från:   Italo Vignoli <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     Svar till: [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     Organisation:   The Document Foundation
>     Till: [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
>
>
>
>     LibreOffice 4.2: focusing on performance and interoperability,
>     and improving the integration with Microsoft Windows
>
>     Berlin, January 30, 2014 - The Document Foundation announces
>     LibreOffice
>     4.2, a new major release targeted to early adopters and another
>     significant step forward for the best free office suite ever.
>     LibreOffice 4.2 features a large number of performance and
>     interoperability improvements targeted to users of all kinds, but
>     particularly appealing for power and enterprise users. In addition, it
>     is better integrated with Microsoft Windows.
>
>     Calc has gone through the largest code refactoring ever, giving major
>     performance wins for big data (especially when calculating cell
>     values,
>     and importing large and complex XLSX spreadsheets), while an optional
>     new formula interpreter enables massively parallel calculation of
>     formula cells using the GPU via OpenCL. The latter works best with a
>     Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) such as the new AMD Kaveri
>     APU.
>     Round-trip interoperability with Microsoft OOXML, particularly for
>     DOCX,
>     as well as legacy RTF, has also improved considerably. Also, new
>     import
>     filters for Abiword documents and Apple Keynote presentations have
>     been
>     added.
>
>     LibreOffice 4.2 offers two Windows specific improvements for business
>     users: a simplified custom install dialog to avoid potential mistakes,
>     and the ability to centrally manage and lock-down the
>     configuration with
>     Group Policy Objects via Active Directory. All users benefit from
>     better
>     integration with Windows 7 and 8, with thumbnails of open
>     documents now
>     grouped by application and a list of recent documents, both showing on
>     the task bar.
>
>     Power users on all platforms will like the flexibility of the Expert
>     Configuration window, which has been added to the Advanced Options
>     tab.
>     This feature can be easily turned off, for large deployments and basic
>     users.
>
>     LibreOffice 4.2 offers a new Start screen, with a cleaner layout that
>     makes better use of the available space - even on small screens - and
>     shows a preview of the last documents.
>
>     On the mobile side, LibreOffice now supports an Impress Remote Control
>     for iOS - in addition to the already available Impress Remote Control
>     for Android - which allows visual management of presentation
>     delivery on
>     the laptop using the screen of an iPhone or iPad. The app is currently
>     waiting for review from Apple, and will be announced as soon as it is
>     available on iTunes Store.
>
>     LibreOffice 4.2 is the first open source suite to ship a new Windows
>     (IAccessible2 based) accessibility feature developed by IBM. This is
>     considered experimental for this release, but will replace legacy Java
>     based accessibility in the next major release.
>
>     The LibreOffice User Interface continues to undergo significant
>     cleanup
>     with 70% of our dialogs now refreshed and many distributed UI tweaks.
>     This release also includes a beautiful new "flat" icon theme - Sifr -
>     and an updated set of default document styles.
>
>     All new and improved features of LibreOffice 4.2, including those not
>     listed here, are summarized in this webpage:
>     https://www.libreoffice.org/download/4-2-new-features-and-fixes/.
>
>     Meet the community
>
>     In early February, the LibreOffice community will gather at FOSDEM
>     2014
>     in Brussels, where developers will present at the Open Document
>     Editors
>     DevRoom the latest and greatest technologies integrated by
>     LibreOffice,
>     and other volunteers will meet free software advocates at the
>     LibreOffice booth.
>
>     In early March, The Document Foundation will exhibit at CeBIT in
>     Hannover to showcase LibreOffice 4.2: Hall 6, Booth H14.
>
>     Downloading LibreOffice
>
>     LibreOffice 4.2 is immediately available for download from the
>     following
>     link: http://www.libreoffice.org/download/. Extensions for LibreOffice
>     are available from the following link:
>     http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center.
>       Support The Document Foundation
>
>     LibreOffice users, free software advocates and community members can
>     support The Document Foundation with a donation at
>     http://donate.libreoffice.org. Money collected will be used to
>     grow the
>     infrastructure, and support marketing activities to increase the
>     awareness of the project, both at global and local level.
>
>     Thanks to the efforts of several native language projects and
>     volunteers, this press release is also available in Arabic, Czech,
>     Dutch, French, Galician, German, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian
>     Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish and Turkish from this page:
>     http://blog.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice-4-2/. We will add other
>     languages in the future.
>
>     Short link to The Document Foundation blog: http://wp.me/p1byPE-sG.
>
>     --
>     Italo Vignoli - Director
>     [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     mob +39.348.5653829 <tel:%2B39.348.5653829> - sip
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     The Document Foundation
>     Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, Germany
>     Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
>     Legal Details: www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
>     <http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint>
>
>     --
>     To unsubscribe e-mail to:
>     [hidden email]
>     <mailto:announce%[hidden email]>
>     Problems?
>     http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
>     List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/announce/
>
>
>
>
>     --
>     Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
>     [hidden email]
>     <mailto:discuss%[hidden email]>
>
>     Posting guidelines + more:
>     http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>     List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/sv/discuss/
>
>     All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and
>     cannot be deleted
>
>


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/sv/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Loading...